Labor & Employment
The Labor & Employment practice group at Martin Clearwater & Bell LLP helps clients to navigate complex and constantly changing laws and regulations to assess and mitigate risk and avoid litigation when possible, and provides vigorous defense when needed.
Keeping up with changes to the local, state, and federal laws can be difficult, particularly for small businesses. Failure to comply with even one rule or statutory requirement can result in financial penalty, administrative burden, or even a lawsuit. MCB will guide clients through the legal landscape to ensure that they understand their options and can make an informed decision that protects the bottom line.
WHO WE REPRESENT:
MCB represents employers, and has counseled and defended corporations and partnerships of all sizes, including hospitals, physician practice groups, restaurants and hotels, executives, and small business owners in a variety of industries.
WHAT WE HANDLE:
Our attorneys offer the following services, among others:
- Representation and defense of companies and executives against all labor & employment claims arising under federal, state, and/or local laws, including harassment and discrimination claims
- Advice, counseling, and education to mitigate and manage risk to our clients
- “External human resources” services to help clients make informed decisions and maintain compliance
- Drafting and enforcement of employee handbooks and policies, employment agreements and restrictive covenants
HOW WE HELP:
MCB advises and defends clients facing issues and claims including:
- Wrongful termination
- Class and collective actions
- Discrimination and retaliation
- Minimum wage and overtime disputes
- Employee misclassification
- Employee discipline
- Employee leave
- Interviewing and onboarding
- Hiring and promotion
- Employee and management training